Ray Kroc sold paper cups to restaurants in the 1920s and worked his way up to become a top salesman. But his vision went way beyond paper cups. He dreamed of making a big impact on the restaurant business, so he quit his sales job to begin marketing a machine that could mix several milkshakes at a time.
When you have a dream, opportunities come to you.
Through promoting the milkshake machines he met the McDonalds brothers, who ran a highly successful restaurant. They got talking and Ray ended up becoming their partner.
Driven by his vision he came up with the concept of duplicating the McDonalds' restaurant on the other side of town. The two brothers opposed this, so Kroc bought the restaurant from them. Back at a time when hamburgers and chips were not an acceptable meal (look how far we've come!), the pioneer began developing his empire. For the first eight years he poured all he had into the concept and saw very few profits in return. But today, as I'm sure you're aware, the tide has turned!
Ray Kroc had a vision and he changed the world.
Five key nuggets for success:
1. Sacrifice, discipline, committment and perseverence are vital to those who want to fulfil dreams and overcome challenges and crises.
2. All successful people make sacrifices.
3. There are no short cuts. If you want to get to the top, start at the bottom.
4. Wealth gained quickly is often wasted.
5. Control your thoughts and your speech.
Courtsey: Pat Mesiti, One of the top celebrated speakers in the World.